1.1.6 build fails on FC30

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Thu Aug 1 14:15:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 03:32:40PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel via devel wrote:
> On 01-08-19 15:24, Udo van den Heuvel via devel wrote:
> > The script will exit with nonzero exit code, rendering the build failed.
>
> When trying to work around this in my spec file, I use:
> pathfix.py -pni "%{__python2} %{py2_shbang_opts}"
> %{buildroot}%{python2_sitearch} %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/*

[..]

> QUESTION:
>

> Can someone please fix the /usr/sbin/ntpdig error? it makes the
> workround fail...

Our code works on both Python2 and Python3.  Given F30's recent changes, we switched our CI targets to explicitly point at python3.

If you're going to mangle the shebang as a package maintainer, feel free to change all of the shebangs to explicit python3 on Fedora.

We're going to leave the shebangs alone in the source for maximum compatibility with upstream PEP recommendations. See also packaging/packaging.adoc in the repo.

Thanks,
-Matt