logging

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Apr 14 23:08:27 UTC 2019

> Also the PLL goes up and offsets rise. (just like before)

Another way to maybe learn something.

Can you grab a copy of
  http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/60Hz/60Hz.py

It's a hack to measure line frequency using the PPS capture logic.  The idea
is to turn that inside out and use it to measure the CPU frequency by watching
a known-good PPS.

You may have to change the assert to clear - ntpd disables the one it isn't
using.

If you stop ntpd, nobody should change the drift.  You can use ntptime -f 0 to
clear it.

-----

You don't actually need the program.  It's just what I use to log stuff so I
can feed it to gnuplot.

You can get the data with:
  cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
It will show something like:
  1555283247.999730528#84947
The number after the # is the number of pulses.  The number before is the time
stamp of the last pulse.