NTS: removed "not implemented" on server ca

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Apr 2 22:30:32 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 02 Apr 2019 14:59:13 -0700
Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> >> We could consider having ntpd crash if there are any problems
> >> parsing the config file.
> > At least for anything security related.
>
> The parser can't tell if an error is security related - as your
> example demonstrates.

If nts in on the server line, any failure should be fatal.

> > Another test.  So I put the pi3 fullchain.pem in /tmp.  I still can
> > not connect with this config:
>
>  I haven't worked with the directory mode.  What's in your pem file?

It is the Lets Encrypt fullchain.pem.

> I think openssl is expecting the root cert.

Well, I don't have one.  Remember, LE has no "the root cert".

And in the case of ostfalia, I only could get their root cert becuase I
was talking to the guy.  Much more common case is I just have the end
cert.