NTS: removed "not implemented" on server ca

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Apr 2 21:27:06 UTC 2019

Gary said:
>> I think the "-4" is only valid between "server" and the
>> filename.  The parser may have dropped the rest of the line.

filename => hostname  (my typo)

Note that your "maxpoll 5" didn't make it either.

> Ouch.  The parser bytes me again.  The lack of parser diagnostics is a
> PITA...

The parser actually does complain.  But if you are like me and put the log
file in the config file rather than the command line, the parser errors go to
syslog.

We could consider having ntpd crash if there are any problems parsing the
config file.

The current NTS code will crash (exit) if it has problems with various files.
I can't tell if that is a bug or feature.

> Silently failing open is really bad.

Not my problem.  Nobody told me to open anything.