Testing merge requests

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Mon Nov 5 15:01:40 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 09:47:14PM -0800, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> [Was: Subject: Re: ntpleapfetch broken on FreeBSD 11.2 or NetBSD 8.0]
>
> > I was working on that a little try checking out merge request !831
>
> How do I do that?
>
> That should be simple, but it's not in my working set.  I think I asked a
> while ago and didn't get an answer that stuck.  There is probably an
> interesting property in git or gitlab that I don't understand.
>
> I need a way to back out if I don't like the change.  Work in a clone and
> throw it away if you don't like it is a possible answer, but I expect there is
> something better.

If you click the "command line" link on https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/merge_requests/831, you'll see a pop-up with instructions on how to checkout that branch and play around with it:

git fetch https://gitlab.com/jamesb_fe80/ntpsec.git ntpleapfetch.sh
git checkout -b jamesb_fe80/ntpsec-ntpleapfetch.sh FETCH_HEAD

Or similar.

See also these tips for shortcuts for checkout out MRs:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/#checkout-merge-requests-locally

Thanks,
-Matt