Why admin's do not trust daemons to do their own packet filtering (was Re: Resuming the great cleanup)

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:21:41 UTC 2018

On 05/29/2018 02:15 PM, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
> I'm inclined to think dropping this would be a good thing.  There's a
> lot of code complexity behind that, and that bit abour interface
> commands being inoperative if you choose the wrong command-line option
> raises my shoot-self-in-foot alarm.

I've skimmed through some of the code associated with these features
during deglobalization. It /needs/ to be cleaned up one way or another.
Cleaning it with a scythe is all the better.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb

I work for the Internet Civil Engineering Institute <https://icei.org/>,
help us save the Internet from Entropy!