gitlab heads-up: approval feature enabled for MRs

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Tue May 22 03:52:17 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Just a head's up that I've enabled the "approval" feature for merge requests on Gitlab.

This will only affect merge requests submitted via the merge system.  Direct pushes to the master branch are not affected.

The threshold for approvals is set at 1 (zero isn't permitted) and any developer is allowed to approve, so developers can approve their own merge requests.

If this setting causes a problem for anyone, let me know ASAP, and I'll revert it.

This was discussed on IRC and I wanted to make sure everyone was aware.

Thanks,
-Matt