Fedora 28 - python warnings

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat May 12 00:05:42 UTC 2018

Yo Richard!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 18:49:53 -0500
Richard Laager via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> On 05/11/2018 06:17 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> > Per the Python doc:
> >
> > "The default Python will be located and used."
>
> You're quoting from this, which you linked:
> https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html

Yes, and many other places in the doc that do not apply to Windows.

I have many programs on my computer that I use every day:
        gcc7
        gcc8
        perl5
        ruby24
        ruby23
        php5
        php7
	vim8
        firefox60

And yet, I don't type vim8, I type vim.  I don't type firefox60, I type
firefox. etc.  This is "The Unix Way".

Python doc says 'python' should invoke the system default.  If you
disagree with way Python is designed, documented and shipped, then
you need to take it up with them

I'm gonna go with long standing, and documented, UNIX practice and
Python practice.  You go do what you want.