"Interesting" changes - please test and keep an eye out for quirks

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 20 08:29:14 UTC 2018

I cleaned up the processing of received packets.  This has been on my list
for a while.  I finally looked at it right and it was simple.

There used to be a big table indexed by packet mode and peer mode.  That
handled multicast, responses to pool probes, and "peer" requests/responses.
We don't support multicast or peer mode, and the DNS lookup for the pool
creates the peer block before it sends the first packet so the pool response
now looks like a normal response from a server.

I also moved the parsed_pkt copy of a packet into the recvbuff to avoid a
calloc/free with each packet.

It all works in my setup, but I won't be surprised if there is some obscure
case that I don't test.