1.0.1 and ntpsnmpd

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:21:50 UTC 2018

On 03/15/2018 02:35 PM, Jason Azze via devel wrote:
> Sanjeev, was this template created in response to your bounty? I
> finally worked through getting ntpsnmpd up and talking to AgentX on my
> test machine, but all of my Cacti graphs from netniV's template come
> up NaN.
>
> Ian, could you recommend an snmpwalk command or something similar that
> will help answer the question: "How do I know I've got ntpsnmpd working?"

Command I've been using for this:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost | grep NTP

The most likely problem (given that I don't know cacti) is that after he
got cacti working I discovered that scalar SNMP values need to go in
<location>.0 rather than just <location>. I fixed that issue, but cacti
may not automatically check it.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb