Fw: ntpd.service change

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Mar 6 02:54:48 UTC 2018

Yo Devel!

I did not see this make it to the list.  I stay far away from systemd...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 15:06:18 +0100
From: Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>
To: "Gary E. Miller" <gem at rellim.com>,
matthew.selsky at twosigma.com,        murray at shuksan.example.com,
rlaager at wiktel.com Subject: ntpd.service change

Gary, Matthew, Hal, Richard,

How can we please get these lines in the ntpd.service file?

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/ntpd
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ntpd -u ntp:ntp $OPTIONS

and of course:

# cat /etc/sysconfig/ntpd
# Command line options for ntpd
OPTIONS="-g"

This will make it easier to configure ntpsec's ntpd without changing
service files, e.g. for running in a chroot.

Please let me know!

Kind regards,
Udo

PS: attached is my SPEC file for compiling ntpsec on redhat. Can we
incorporate this one in the git tree as well please? (the one in the
tree is quite minimalistic)