1.0.1 and ntpsnmpd

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 04:16:37 UTC 2018

On 03/01/2018 07:40 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> Mark Atwood said:
>> ntpsnmpd should be it's own Debian package, please.  It's useful to both
>> NTPsec and to NTP Classic installations.
> Has anybody tried it with NTP Classic?  Do we have a classic server running
> that we can test against?  (other things as well as ntpsnmpd)
>
> I could imagine that we have tweaked mode6 enough to be interesting.

In principle it should work. However there are hardcoded responses
reporting "NTPsec" because there was no known way of getting the data
and it was never expected to work with another ntpd.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb