Dump bison

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jun 21 01:48:03 UTC 2018

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> I thought about that back when I was looking at this code.  Concluded it
> wouldn't be that useful to (effectively) just dump the input tokens with a
> slightly different syntax.

How else would you check/test a parser?

Why should the syntax be slightly different?  If it is the same, I can use
diff to check things.

How useful is that level of checking?  I'm a bit surprised we don't have
something like that.  Are we just coasting along, depending on that area not
being changed much and/or any additions will get tested by the implementer
before it is committed?

There is one rough area.  The order of some parameters is lost.  The
parameters to the server command are collected in a peer_ctl struct.  They can
be specified in any order.