Initial test coverage report

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jun 20 19:42:03 UTC 2018

Ian said:
> I need to sanity check this first: Am I correct in thinking that tests
> should be arranged as 1 file of tests corresponds to 1 file of code,  rather
> than the test files corresponding to this or that concept which  is scattered
> over various source files?

I assumed there was a reason for the parallel naming.

We could make it explicit by adding a 1 line comment to the top of each
module.  That would be a good place to mention any complications.  We could
also rename any modules that don't fit the pattern.

The current test setup bails after a test fails and doesn't run the rest of
the tests in that routine.  Is there a clean way to make it skip some/all the
rest of the test routines in that module?  I suppose I could a global variable
and test it at the beginning of each routing.  Context for that query is using
a test for authreadkeys to leave behind some keys in memory that following
routines would like to use.