Cosmetic changes to ntpviz output

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Tue Jun 19 19:19:47 UTC 2018

On 6/19/18 12:05, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
> Gary E. Miller via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>:
>> Git relatively new to all of us.
>>
>>> ESR suggested I perform a 'pull', and request that Gary have a look
>>> at it. Herewith. I've probably overlooked some other step, but
>>> perhaps not.
>> 'git pull' just gets you an up to date copy of the master repo.  Then
>> you need to send us the patch.  To do that, make your changes to your
>> fresh local copy, then email us the results of 'git diff'.
>>
>> If you want to get fancier, not required, you can make a git patch.
>> Details here, just stop at 'Applying the patch":
>>
>>      https://www.devroom.io/2009/10/26/how-to-create-and-apply-a-patch-with-git/
>>
>> Or, worst case, just send us the new ntpviz and we'll handle the
>> details.
> Actually, what I was trying to get hi to do was clone the rNTPsec repo, push
> the patch to his capy, and then make a pull request against NTPsec that
> Gary could approve with a btton click.  But you guys handle it as you wish.
I'm more than willing to try figuring that out. It's long past time I
buckled down and spent an hour getting down the basics on git, I've just
been lazy (for a decade). Hey, I'm devops, not dev!

Do keep in mind that I have 'guest' privileges on the repo, so I may
lack superpowers necessary to do all of this.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com