Additional pps-gpio

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Jan 27 20:47:25 UTC 2018

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "_creating_ a PPS".

What I had in mind was what the Parport PPS generator does, only with
output through a GPIO.  Since no LPT is there on the rasPi, this doesn't
exist for it unfortunately, but the source code could serve as a
template.

> There are comments in the kernel PPS documentation for an echo mode.  I
> didn't find any actual code.  But it seems like something in that area would
> be handy for measuring interrupt latency.

As far as I understand the sources, setting up an echo allows a PPS
client to register a callback function with the PPS device to be called
when a PPS event happens.  The default echo function simply outputs
"echo: assert" or "echo: clear".  I guess one could indeed toggle a GPIO
from a suitably defined PPS client.

Regards,
Achim.