Additional pps-gpio

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Thu Jan 25 20:51:10 UTC 2018

Hal Murray via devel writes:
>> Well if I'm going to do that I'd use a time interval counter and
>> not the rasPi.
>
> I was thinking of measuring the timings inside the Pi rather than the pulse
> width.
>
> If you feed the same pulse to two pins, I'd expect to get readings of T and
> T+x where the x is how long it takes to do some internal processing.  If you
> add a delay between the pulses, the internal processing will change.

Well, maybe if I can think about a use of that measurement I might do
it, but _creating_ a PPS from the rasPi and then measuring it externally
with a TIC of sufficient resolution would be much more useful than
teasing out this or that internal delay that is going to be highly
variable anyway.

Regards,
Achim.