Version strings

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 9 06:28:37 UTC 2018

> asciidoc shows a manversion in the bottom left, but asciidoctor has dropped
> this attribute.

> asciidoctor seems to be the future[0], so it this worth it?

I think so.  I assume we can work out some way to do it and/or asciidoctor
will add support for it if they expect to capture a big chunk of the man page
market.

Google is good at finding man pages.  Many of them are not recent.  It would
be nice to be able to easily see what version we are looking at.

Humm... I just noticed that most man pages have something in the middle of
the top line where our man pages are blank.

man 3 open, Fedora:
OPEN(3P)                   POSIX Programmer's Manual                  OPEN(3P)

man ntp.keys:
NTP.KEYS(5)                                                        NTP.KEYS(5)