rasPi Stretch Lite install notes

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Jan 8 20:02:41 UTC 2018

To be somewhat nicer to the SD card I think of moving the ntpd statistic
logs to a tmpfs and then periodically moving them to permanent storage
(maybe parcelling them exactly into block sizes to minimize the write
amplification) so that they're not completely gone if the unexpected
reboot happens.  That seems like such an obvious solution that I'm
wondering if anybody know if there's some canned setup for that?  The
only thing I could find was a discussion in some rasPi forum about five
years ago, but that went nowhere.

Regards,
Achim.