Catching up

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 8 00:41:16 UTC 2018

rlaager at wiktel.com said:
[Running with Python3]

Thanks.

> That way, the scripts can be run directly from the source tree (with the /
> usr/bin/env shebang).

I don't think running directly out of the source tree is very interesting.
Many of the python programs need our python libraries and one of them is
hooks to some c code.  The only sane way to get that is to run waf build.

I suppose it might work to use the installed libraries.  That would work as
long as the code you are running doesn't use any extensions that are included
in the new libraries but not the installed version.