Attn: Install path debaters

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Jan 5 02:51:04 UTC 2018

Yo Richard!

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 20:45:48 -0600
Richard Laager via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> On 01/04/2018 08:39 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> > Cool.  So you are unaffected by the original issue.  Since you do
> > not have the issue, I assume you'd prefer that no unneeded kludges
> > be added when you build NTPsec.  So why do you care how the issue
> > gets solved?
>
> I don't think being personally affected by a bug is a prerequisite to
> providing patches.

Well, it sure makes testing the patch easier.  How have you tested?

And why would you want to hard code paths into build products when
you don't have the problem?  KISS

> Can you provide a merge request with your proposed solution?

Sure, my MR is trivial: leave as is, except revert the patch that
removed the PYTHONPATH guidance to the builder.  Ain't borke, don't
fix it.