More install troubles

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Jan 2 22:28:53 UTC 2018

On 01/02/2018 04:12 PM, Hal Murray wrote:
> Does anybody actually run with a config file in /usr/local/etc/?

I don't know. I don't. I tend to build distro packages out of my stuff,
using /usr and /etc. Barring that, I'm either installing to /usr/local
temporarily and don't care that much, or I'm installing to something
custom in $HOME and have to specify all sorts of paths.

> For example, the default config file in ntpd is /etc/ntp.conf

Right, that should be SYSCONFIG/ntp.conf. If it's not, that's another
thing to fix.

If you want PREFIX=/usr/local and SYSCONFIG=/etc, then simply tell that
to ./waf configure.

--
Richard