Range checking on config file

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 2 11:25:48 UTC 2018

>> Unless I missed something, the code processing gonfig slots can't
distinguish
>> -1 from 0xffffffff or the equivalent decimal number.

> That is correct.  Is this leading to a bug?

I don't know of a case where it currently causes problems.  We might be able
to find one if we look hard enough.  I'd try typing in a big number where a
negative number is reasonable.

Context is issue #440.

I tried changing NTP_MAXKEY to 0xffffffff and got several warnings.  When I
looked at the code, the problem became interesting.

I don't see any simple fix.  I assume the clean fix is to add T_Unsigned.

I left NTP_MAXKEY at 16 bits.  I'm working on the documentation.