What are people putting in /etc/ntp.d/*.conf?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Feb 25 23:24:36 UTC 2018

>> Do we have any documentation describing a use case?
> Not exactly, but look at the snippets under etc/ntp.d/.

All those examples don't use the auto-grab feature.  Most of the file names
don't end with .conf, and the one that does is a sample ntp.conf that could
be better placed up a level.

Is anybody actually using it?  If not, why?  Is it really useful? Do we think
it will make life easier for packagers/distros?

--------

Do we need something like a hints-for-packagers document?

--------

I'm not using it because I don't see how it will help.  Thus I'm not helping
to test it.  Maybe I just missed a good example in email.