Future projects (post release)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 21 06:03:19 UTC 2018

There are two projects I've had my eye on for a while.

The first is to remove the input buffer queue.  That's leftover from before
kernels supported time stamps on received network packets.  (ntpd used to
grab the packets from an IO signal handler)

The other is to remove the table lookup in the early stage of input packet
processing.  It may have been a good way to handle all the complications of
multicast, broadcast, pool, and peer as well as the simple client/server
modes.  I think it will be much cleaner to just dispatch by mode.