ntpsnmpd beta

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 20:27:56 UTC 2018

On 02/16/2018 02:17 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> Is there a client for ntpsnmpd? I'd expect the client side to be part
> of a snmp package. Do we need samples for that? How many snmp packages
> are there?

ntpsnmpd only talks to the snmpd daemon. Various sorts of clients,
including the tools that come with SNMP (snmpwalf, snmpget, etc) then
talk to snmpd and it relays requests as needed.

AFAIK any linux system will be using NET-SNMP, not sure what other
systems use. NET-SNMP dropped off the face of the internet a few days
ago, but ICEI is spinning up a rescue effort.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb