"interesting" changes - please test

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 22 01:22:33 UTC 2018

I just pushed various cleanups to wscript and friends.  This started as a
simple idea to make it easy to add sanity checks to get sensible error
messages from waf configure rather than obscure error messages from the c
compiler.

The pipeline worked, and I've got it running on various machines, but I can't
test Apple or Solaris (and probably others).

The first step was to fix the test for timer_create so it worked.  Since that
had never been tested before, I also had to fix the seccomp list in
ntp_sandbox.

But timer_create is included in POSIX, so I think we get to rip out a bunch of
ifdefs.  I haven't done that yet.

I also tried to set things up so that it didn't drag in libpthread if built
without DNS.  More work needed.