[SOLVED] Re: ntpd never achieves synchronized, even with PPS source; ntpdig KOD

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 19 21:39:37 UTC 2018

>>   tests/option-tester.sh
>>   tests/python3-tester.sh

> This is mostly in terms of mapping packages to Gentoo's ebuilds and ensuring
> dependencies are correct:
> - spin up a test environment with nothing installed
> - add the declared dependencies
> - test building & possibly running with the kitchen sink turned on

The tests above were intended for that sort of use.  They may use too many CPU
cycles for some cases, but that doesn't look like a problem for you.

If you find something they don't cover, please let me know.

High on my list is a post-install sanity check.  (mostly to ensure that the
libraries are available)

------

> I did find it in the 'ntpd -v' output as well:
> | This version was compiled with the following clock drivers:
> |      GENERIC        NMEA         PPS    SHM        GPSD
> (very generous with whitespace I see)

There is no "-v" command line option.  That's the generic help message.

I think the extra white space is so that things line up in columns if they
overflow a single line.