Leftover junk

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 17 21:34:53 UTC 2018

> That's because the version information actually comes from the ntp python
> module. This is not specific to ntpmon. To fix this, we could interpolate the
> version string into each script on install. That's easy, but there was some
> resistance to that (interpolation on each script) in the past.

Yup.  I think the discussion a long time ago was to do it this way.  I think
we decided a few weeks ago to fix that, partly/mostly so that a program could
check that it was running with the right version of library.

There is an issue for it.
  Our python code should check library versions
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/issues/522
It hasn't been rejected yet.