puthon curses on NetBSD

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Dec 11 19:37:53 UTC 2018

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 03:00:20 -0800
Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Should we rip out the test for python curses?  That makes curses a
> requirement for a clean build.

If you rip out the test for curses, then you have to rip out ntpmon.

ntpmon should not required, but very strongly encouraged.  So test for
pythong curses, complain loudly when not found, but do not fail at that
point.

> Or are there other similar things that might be optional?  Should we
> be collecting them?

First we need to start including better dependency info for different
distros in the INSTALL file.  Without that we don't know which packages
to look at.