[ntp:hackers] u-blox reference clock driver

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Aug 19 16:22:56 UTC 2018

Udo van den Heuvel via devel writes:
>> But how do we instruct the API to use DTR/RTS to signal the u-blox
>> receiver?
>
> Lukas has no plans to adapt for Rs232 ports for x86_64 or x86_32.

Well, the correct way anyway would be to provide a line discipline for
it in the serial driver, just like it was done for the incoming PPS.
However, it's probably not worth the trouble (PPS in via serial line
discipline is nowhere near as good as GPIO) and going GPIO is better
supported anyway.  The trouble with GPIO is that it's either only
available on a few boards that aren't very widespread and PCI(-e) cards
(aside from the LTP cards) are intended for lab equipment and come with
the associated price tag.  One of the lesser known options is getting
hold of a card with a Brooktree video capture chip set and breaking out
the GPIO from there (which are fully supported in the Linux kernel).

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html