Preparing for upcoming release

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Aug 13 19:57:52 UTC 2018

On 08/13/2018 02:53 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Richard Laager via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>:
>> Side note: when this was changed, the comment in libntp/wscript was not
>> updated to match the code change.
>>
>> Current:
>>     # In theory this should use PYTHONARCHDIR, but that doesn't work on
>>     # CentOS (at least), for some as-yet-undetermined reason.  On most
>>     # platforms, PYTHONARCHDIR == PYTHONDIR, anyway.
>
> What are we doing in the CentOS case?

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

My point is:

This comment existed back when the code was using PYTHONDIR. The comment
is saying it *should* use PYTHONARCHDIR, but does not, because of CentOS.

The code was then changed to use PYTHONARCHDIR, so now the comment is
mismatched. The code uses PYTHONARCHDIR, and the comment still says it
should but does not use PYTHONARCHDIR.

I would delete the piece of the comment that I quoted.

If you're asking whether the PYTHONDIR -> PYTHONARCHDIR change breaks
CentOS, I have no idea, but that is immaterial. That code change was
made, so the comment should be updated to match the current reality of
the code.

--
Richard