[ntp:hackers] u-blox reference clock driver

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Aug 13 17:13:07 UTC 2018

Yo Udo!

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:46:32 +0200
Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 11-08-18 23:03, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> > pin on the u-blox.  I think EXTINT0, for timing, is only available
> > on the FTS variants of the u-blox.
> >
> > I've never found a good list of which products are FTS.  I think the
> > LEA-M8F, LEA-M8T and NEO-M8T are FTS.  Likely a few others, but not
> > the basic NEO-M8L, M, N, Q or S variants.
>
> So would a board like this one work? See
> https://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=195 (if we assume all
> ports are available, to be confirmed)

I've emailed Lucas for the driver code.  No response.

So, just guessing, from what I think I understand in the pdf:

Needs the UBX-TIM-TM2 message.  Section 3.6

UBX-TIM-TM2 works like a TICC on EXTINT0. Section 3.6

The figure in 3.6 looks to be directly from the u-blox doc:

u-blox8-M8_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_\(UBX-13003221\).pdf

Section 19: TIMEMARK.

That also describes measuring EXTINT0 with UBX-TIM-TP2.  So I think
that is nailed down.  Sort of.

The u-blox doc says UBX-TIM-TP2 is supporting on firmware verion 15
up to 23.01.

Looking at the csgshop page, I can't tell if pin 4 (FREQ PHASE IN 0)
is the same as EXTINT0, but that would be my guess.  The firmware version
also not specified, but csgshop tends to ship fresh parts.

$189 is real sticker shock for a u-blox 8.

All academic unless Lucas shows us his code.