HOWTO: scons gpsd build incorrect and ntpshmmon gives no data

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Thu Aug 9 02:31:39 UTC 2018

On 8/8/2018 19:15 PM, MIKE MAJOR via devel wrote:

> I see my mistake now. I read the first 2 lines below to be the same
> when they are not: |
> |
> |# ./gpsd/gpsmon /dev/gpsd0||
> |
> |# ./gpsd/gpsd /dev/gpsd0
> |
> |# ./gpsd/ntpshmmon|
One process change I would like to make is to have the user cd into the
appropriate directory for running applications like this, even during
testing.  Reduces mistakes, particularly when one part of the path is
identical to the name of the application.

Either that or spell out the full path - since we are ostensibly still
the default 'pi' user, it could just as well be

|# /home/pi/gpsd/gpsmon /dev/gpsd0||

|# /home/pi/gpsd/gpsd /dev/gpsd0
|
|# /home/pi/gpsd/ntpshmmon

But the simplicity of entering the directory where the executable is
would be my preference.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com