Fix for Python library path problem

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Sep 29 19:55:13 UTC 2017

Yo Eric!

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:47:27 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond via devel" <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> site.py won't do it.

I didn't usggest that site.py was the answer.  My suggestions was the
commens in site.py lead to the answer.

  It adjusts the load path at Python startup
> time, but only in accordance with sys.prefix at the time Python was
> built.  That's going to be /usr for Python installed from the package
> system.  We only get help from this if the Python instance was built
> from source with a /usr/local prefix.

I admit to not understanding copletely how this works, but others make
this work.  Certainly pip makes it work. pip gives me many options on how
to install python libs.  The cool part, is I can use pip to install X in
python2.7, then again in python3.4, and they both work!

I'll dig into this idea.  Others do not seem to have this problem.