Python 3 and 1.0

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 17:40:52 UTC 2017

The python 3 build appears to work. However it has a unicode bug in ntpq
(but not ntpmon! Yay consistency!), and I can not say that I *trust* any
of it.

This is partially my fault, as I failed to test the software in Py3 as
much as I should have. As an excuse I will note that I fixed several py3
bugs in the last few weeks, and part of the reason for the lack of
testing has been the higher friction in getting the p3 build to work.

Under these circumstances I strongly suggest that there be a note in the
README to the effect that python 3 compatibility is not guaranteed.

--
In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power?
No. A Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys. -- Andrew Ryan