All hands - we need to test Fred's build changes pronto

Jason Azze jason at azze.org
Tue Sep 26 13:09:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Eric S. Raymond via devel
<devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:
> Please, everybody get on the stick and test on every platform you can
> reach. We need to know that, *without* a PYTHONPATH set,

I tested CentOS 6.6. I used to have to export PYTHONPATH on this
platform. Now all tools in build/main/ntpclients/ run without setting
PYTHONPATH.

OS: CentOS release 6.6 (Final)
Python: Python 2.6.6
NTPsec:
[root at cent66-pa18 ntpsec]# ./build/main/ntpd/ntpd --version
ntpd ntpsec-0.9.7+1409 2017-09-26T07:36:31-0400
[root at cent66-pa18 ntpsec]# git show --oneline
f7d063e Renove a magic link obsolesced by PYTHONPATH changes.

To test I did a fresh clone on a machine where I've never run NTPsec before.
I ran the buildprep script, ./waf configure, ./waf build, ./waf
install (all as root) then successfully ran the various tools in
build/main/ntpclients/ (except for ntpleapfetch due to an unrelated
problem with shasum. I'll open a tracker issue for it.)