Post-1.0 refactoring and unit documentation; a request

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:15:51 UTC 2017

A few months ago when I added unit display to the python tools I created
the devel/units file to document what the assorted Important Variables
in NTPsec represent, and more importantly how that representation
changes as the data moves through the programs. Because of my lack of
knowledge of NTP and inexperience with C, this file is still very
incomplete. It mostly contains random information that I could glean
from obvious spots in the codebase.

I am requesting that post-1.0 if you start refactoring or testing the
codebase and come across an Important Variable, please add it and what
unit it represents to devel/units. There is no need for complicated
formatting as of yet, merely appending the information to the file will
be sufficient, and I will massage it into a coherent picture.

It also occurs to me that there may be other Important Invariants that
need to be documented, but I do not know what those might be.

--
In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power?
No. A Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys. -- Andrew Ryan