NetBSD 6.1.5 doesn't have ldexpl in math.h

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:41:12 UTC 2017

I agree, drop NetBSD6 and document why.

Is NetBSD 6 still under development?    If so, we can send them a bugreport.

On the other other hand, do we still have any other compatibility shims
anywhere else for any other OSes?   floating point ops like this are
"merely" some simple bit twiddles, as long as you know your arch and fp
arch.

..

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gary E. Miller via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>
wrote:

> Yo Hal!
>
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 20:09:44 -0700
> Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>
> > > No, NTP doesn't do anything interesting here.  The code predates
> > > the era whend long double was standardized and generally available,
> > > a transition that might have been as late as C99.
> >
> > So it seems reasonable to assume that it's OK to run without the
> > extra precision.
>
> Not reasonable, it fixed a bug.
>
> RGDS
> GARY