All hands alert - crash of unknown origin

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Sep 5 18:56:16 UTC 2017

Everyone should read this thread:

https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/issues/375

The only empirical clue we have is that it only seems to manifest
under the kind of high load characterestic of pool service.

I have a suspicion that somrthing is causing memory usage to spike
and the OOM killer is reaping the process.

This is a serious bug and we need everyone with test facilities trying
to reproduce it.  If there is any way you can set up and watch a
pool server, please do so.

The Bible is not my book, and Christianity is not my religion.  I could never
give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.
	-- Abraham Lincoln