✘PTP with NTPsec

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Oct 27 03:52:30 UTC 2017

Yo All!

I previsously had some NTPsec servers set up to also use PTP by
running the ptp4l daemon.  My setup is described in the gpsd time
service howto.

http://www.catb.org/gpsd/gpsd-time-service-howto.html#_providing_local_ntp_service_using_ptp

The configuration is supposed to put PTP time stamps in SHM NTP2, so ntpd
can see them.  My pshmmon no longer shows ptp4l creating or using NTP2.
My ntpmon does show my gpsd SHMs nicely.

Anyone else tried this lately?