Fw: [Git][NTPsec/ntpsec][master] Mostly resolve and document FHS conformance issue.

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Oct 2 01:46:23 UTC 2017

Yo Eric!

+Due to a limitation of the Python distutils library, if you install
+from the source distribution with prefix set to a value other than
+/usr (in particular, if it's the default value /usr/local), that
+prefix will be honored *only if the corresponding Python library
+directory already exists*.

I do not understand the logic here?

What is wrong with creating /usr/local/XXX ??

If I tell NTPsec to install in /usr/local/ I fully expect to find it in
/usr/local/ after install.

Conversely, if you do install intp /usr/local/XXX, then then user needs
to do the PYTHONPATH drill, which got removed from the doc.