proposed Local_Clock doc change - Externally Disciplined

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Nov 28 22:47:52 UTC 2017

Looks good, but I think that retaining some mention of orphan mode is
appropriate.  Some distros shipped with local clock in their ntp.conf.  I
think the idea was to do what orphan mode does better.

How about appending another paragraph:

If you find a localclock in the ntp.conf from your distro you should probably
remove it.  If you want your system to serve time when it is not connected to
the internet you should probably use orphan mode.  (link?)

--------

There is some document with directions for setting up a GPS server on a
Raspberry Pi.  It should probably be reviewed and updated to use the latest
raspberian lite.

Should we retain a public copy of the current version so non-wizards can see
the changes?  (or maybe add a paragraph with directions on how to download
and view the changes)