Help debugging gitlab and/or shell script

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 24 07:51:17 UTC 2017

I got mail from gitlab complaining about my recent fix to
tests/option-tester.sh

Commit: 7766f017 ( https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/commit/7766f0177dd8ce4b375
51e93a8e302a345e7e43c )
Commit Message: Fix to not use --disable-debug

Job #41726247 ( https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/jobs/41726247 )

Stage: build
Name: centos-6-refclocks
Trace:     --bool                value is "true" or "false"
    --int                 value is decimal number
    --bool-or-int         value is --bool or --int

The web page at the URL says:

Running with gitlab-runner 10.2.0 (0a75cdd1)
  on CentOS 6 (a6d404ee)
Using Shell executor...
Running on centos-6-1...
Fetching changes...
error: unknown option `local'
usage: git config [options]

Config file location
    --global              use global config file
    --system              use system config file
    -f, --file <FILE>     use given config file

-------

I can't figure out what it is trying to tell me.  There is no "local" in my
script.  It works on my CentOS 6 system.  Note that it is git complaining.
My script does waf builds, no git.

Did this work before my change?  Is somebody working on the gitlab stuff and
my push just happened at the right time to uncover a bug?