u-blox Stationary Mode

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Nov 13 20:32:11 UTC 2017

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> My guess is that stationary mode is something else, but I didn't find any
> good documentation.  I'd guess a filter on a sequence of positions so the
> position doesn't jump around but somehow recovers without a full survey if
> you do move it.

Good call.  The latest firmware description says of the "Stationary"
mode:

"Used in timing applications (antenna must be stationary) or other stationary applications.
Velocity restricted to 0 m/s. Zero dynamics assumed."

https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/products/documents/u-blox8-M8_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_%28UBX-13003221%29.pdf

Timing Firmware will be able to produce a timing solution with a single
sattelite in stationary mode, otherwise a 3D fix is still required.
Time Mode operation requires a fixed position to be prescribed or
surveyed, but apparently you can enter stationary mode without that
condition.  It appears to have been developed primarily for use in RTK
reference station receivers.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: