ISC_PLATFORM_USEBACKTRACE

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed May 31 21:01:48 UTC 2017

>> Can you try something like
>>     gdb <your ntpd>
>>     print /a <your hex number>

> Nope.  We have LTO, ASR, and a bunch of other things making the addresses
> not repeatable.  Every time I intentionally crash ntpd at the same spot the
> stack IPs are unique.

Can we do something like print out the address of main during startup, and
then subtract that from the stack PCs before printing them.  Then to decode
one, add the current value of main before asking gdb to decode it.

---------

> 05-31T13:10:38 ntpd[7311]: sandbox: seccomp enabled.
> Bad system call
> So the code that is supposed to catch that is not really working.  No
> backtrace will work until I can actually catch the bad call.

You might try using gdb with a break at catchTrap.  It gets confused if the
log stuff gets another trap when it tried to print the "got a trap" message.

There is something strange going on that I don't understand yet.  I'm getting
troubles with -u 38.  I just tried bisect and I think it points to changes
that don't make sense.  Maybe my good/bad test case isn't working right.  ???
 There is another issue last night for Seg fault.  Issues 328 and 329.