State of the debugging flags.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed May 31 19:35:04 UTC 2017

Ian Bruene <ianbruene at gmail.com>:

> On 05/30/2017 06:36 PM, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
> >Sometime there are couple of tiers of easy cases, so you'll loop back
> >to step 2.  The point, be lazy. Don't spend more attention on the easy
> >cases than you have to, so you can avoid spending less than you should
> >on the tricky ones.
> >
> >As you gain more experience, you will find that this is *often* a good
> >way to partition tasks.
>
> Should these passes be separate merges, or all the same merge?
>
> Previous merge advice would seems to point towards separate merges.

In general. On the other hand: if the whole patch series winds up looking
like a single thought when it's done, you have the option of squashing it.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.