ISC_PLATFORM_USEBACKTRACE

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat May 27 14:31:03 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 26 May 2017 21:23:35 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > Anyone care?
>
> Yes.

Have you ever used it?  Have you used it recentlly?  Does it even work?

> If we are serious about seccomp, we need something like that in order
> to debug the false positives.

How would ISC_PLATFORM_USEBACKTRACE be used to debug seccomp?  Have
you ever used it that way?

> Please don't rip it out until we have a good alternative.

I'm not in a rush to rip it out, except the really dead parts.  What
parts of ISC_PLATFORM_USEBACKTRACE have been usefull to you?  Do all you
need is a good way to debug the never ending seccomp issues?