seccomp and systemd

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed May 17 19:29:20 UTC 2017

Yo Daniele!

On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:47:06 -0600
Daniele Nicolodi via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> I just wanted to point out that systemd has the capability to install
> seccomp filters for the services it manages:

How could it possibly know what syscalls that ntpd uses?

> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.exec.html#SystemCallFilter=

Well, from that link, it can not.  So now we'd have to distribute a
large number of these filter files.  Filters that are very specific to
OS and libc versions.

And then, how can systemd know to change the filter file after
ntpd has dropped root and finished initialization?