Should we dump seccomp?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun May 14 03:28:45 UTC 2017

> >> Should we change the default to be --enable-seccomp?  (If on Linux)
>
> > I didn't know it wasn't already defaulted to on.  Was it in the Classic build?
>
> It's not on in classic.  I doubt if they test it often.  I had to add several
> syscalls before our version started to work.

That's interesting.  It weakems the case against dropping the feature, but
I think it would still be better to make it work.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.